USIBD White Paper – Considering Digital Twins
USIBD Announces White Paper for Facility Owners and Operators Considering Digital Twins
April 22, 2021, Irvine, CA: The U.S. Institute of Building Documentation (USIBD) is pleased to publish an educational white paper, BIM with the End in Mind. This paper will help facility owners and operators decide whether a digital twin is right for them and help them understand what to consider before recruiting outside support to generate a digital twin.
Though a digital twin is one of the best ways for a facility owner or operator to improve their asset’s data-management strategy, it can be challenging to find the information to get started. We want to help you by defining basic terms and ideas, explaining what facility owners and operators can expect to gain from a digital twin, and showing what it takes to plan and execute a successful digital twin.
In this paper, you’ll learn:
1. How project BIM has looked in the past, and how owners are leaving value on the table
2. How to: Best practices when leveraging BIM for better lifecycle facility management
3. A case study: How an owner of a big asset did it right
4. Caution: How “on the fly” guidelines can be “off the mark”
5. The big picture: Why BIM and digital twins are part of the evolution of computer automation in the building industry
The paper is available for downloaded at no charge from USIBD’s Resources page on the website here.
All USIBD documents are available on USIBD’s website at https://usibd.org/resources/.
For all inquiries, please contact USIBD at: https://usibd.org/contact-us/
Note – If you liked this post click here to stay informed of all of the 3D laser scanning, geomatics, UAS, autonomous vehicle, Lidar News and more. If you have an informative 3D video that you would like us to promote, please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you would like to join the Younger Geospatial Professional movement click here.