Commercial UAV Expo Concludes with 2,350 in Attendance
Commercial UAV Expo Concludes with 2,350 in Attendance and More Exhibitors than any other Drone Event
LAS VEGAS, NV, October 5, 2018 — Commercial UAV Expo closed its annual conference and expo yesterday with 2,350 professionals in vertical industries including DOTs & infrastructure, construction, large installation assets, mining and aggregates, precision agriculture, process power & utilities, public safety and surveying & mapping and more in attendance. Held at the Westgate Resort in Las Vegas, the three-day event theme of “Vertically Focused, Market Driven” was apparent throughout the education program, the exhibit hall and the networking events.
“We thank our exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, attendees, Advisory Board, media partners, supporting organizations and partners who helped to make the 4th annual Commercial UAV Expo a huge success. We received such positive feedback on the quality of the audience, the content in the education sessions, and the top-level thought leaders from across the vertical industries who all shared important insight and ideas on continuing to move this industry forward,” said Lisa Murray, Group Director of Diversified Communications, organizer of Commercial UAV Expo.
Highlights of the event, included:
- 2,350 commercial drone professionals attended the trade show and conference from all 50 states and 40 countries.
- Attendees represented companies including AT&T, Google, ConEd, Major League Baseball, NBC News, US Department of Energy, Facebook, Los Angeles Fire Department, Chevron, Uber Elevate, Pacific Gas & Electric, and others.
- The exhibit hall offered new innovations in 230 booths, from 168 exhibitors who represented 22 countries. There were 66 new exhibitors who participated to make this the largest exhibit hall in Commercial UAV Expo’s history.
- Hundreds of people went into the desert for the “Beyond the Cage” drone demonstrations by AeroVironment, Autel Robotics, C-ASTRAL, Intel and Topcon.
- Attendees gathered at the Poolside Connect event at the Westgate Resort to network and share ideas.
- Michael Kratsios, Deputy Assistant to the President and the Deputy U.S. Chief Technology Officer at the White House, spoke at the conference and said, “At the White House we are looking to get rid of red tape and bureaucracy to help support emerging technologies.”
- Earl Lawrence, Executive Director of the Unmanned Aircraft Systems Integration Office of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) also spoke and said, “We don’t see safety and innovation as being exclusive. We can do both.”
- Gretchen West and Lisa Ellman both from Hogan Lovells and co-creators of Commercial Drone Alliance announced during the Regulatory, Policy and UTM Update plenary session that the 2018 Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Reauthorization Act had been passed by both the House and Senate.
- Members of the commercial UAV trade media selected ten innovative products to participate in the Pitch the Press program. The winners were Impossible Aerospace, Parrot Business Solutions and MicaSense who took first, second and third place respectively.
- Attendees and exhibitors joined Diversified Communications to donate to Route 91 Strong, to support the victims, families and those that were injured during last year’s Las Vegas shooting.
The 2019 Commercial UAV Expo Americas will be held October 28-30 at the Westgate Resort in Las Vegas.
Note – If you liked this post click here to stay informed of all of the 3D laser scanning, UAS, autonomous vehicle and Lidar News. If you have an informative 3D video that you would like us to promote, please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.