Hexagon introduces Autonomous Mobility solutions at CES 2020
Hexagon AB, a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions, introduced its Smart Autonomous Mobility solutions portfolio today at CES 2020, bringing together all the necessary sensors, software and services to make autonomous driving possible.
Hexagon is on a mission to enable all customers to accelerate and deploy a bold autonomous mobility vision – from research and development to advanced machine learning and simulation, to full integration and production into industry ecosystems.
“Through our Smart Autonomous Mobility solutions portfolio, Hexagon is empowering an autonomous future that can transform ecosystems, protecting millions of lives and dramatically lowering carbon emissions,” said Ola Rollén, Hexagon President and CEO. “We are committed to providing complete technology solutions that enable our customers to build, test and put fully autonomous fleets to work safely.”
The Smart Autonomous Mobility portfolio includes three solution sets: Enable, Accelerate and Deploy.
- Enable: Hexagon enables customers to fast-track R&D with hardware, software, and services to quickly enable autonomous driving systems across a variety of vehicle platforms and applications. From providing a turn-key automated driving research vehicle platform for field testing, integrating a customisable and assured positioning engine with reliable correction services, and offering baseline simulation tools and high-accuracy ground truth, Hexagon has already enabled thousands of customers worldwide with these technologies.
- Accelerate: Hexagon enables customers to create Smart Digital RealitiesTM – seamless workflows between real-world and simulated environments. To drive even 20% better than a human driver requires 11 billion miles of validation, which is equivalent to 500 years of non-stop driving in the real world with a fleet of 100 cars. With machine learning, simulation and testing for entire system performance and engineering and integration services, and HD digital reality capture, visualisation and on-demand feature extraction, Hexagon allows customers to optimise, verify and validate the necessary billions of miles of driving required to safely deploy autonomous vehicles to the road.
- Deploy: Hexagon allows customers to quickly scale from prototype and R&D phases to production for any autonomous application. The automotive-grade hardware solutions, autonomy software technologies, and functionally safe positioning solutions and services available in Hexagon’s Smart Autonomous Mobility portfolio are ready to deploy at scale for:
- Mass production of passenger vehicles
- Neighborhood electrical vehicles (NEV)
- Tractor trailers (class 8)
- Off-road vehicles for mining, agriculture and defense
- Robotics, aviation, marine and space travel
Hexagon’s Smart Autonomous Mobility solutions portfolio will be demonstrated at CES 2020 in Hexagon’s pavilion CP-15, and is one of many vital strategic applications for empowering an autonomous future. Visit our website to learn more about Hexagon’s core capabilities and Smart Solutions Portfolio.
For further information, please contact:
Maria Luthström, Head of Investor Relations, Hexagon AB, +46 8 601 26 27, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristin Christensen, Chief Marketing Officer, Hexagon AB, +1 404 554 0972, email@example.com
Note – If you liked this post click here to stay informed of all of the 3D laser scanning, UAS, autonomous vehicle and Lidar News. If you have an informative 3D video that you would like us to promote, please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.