Hexagon’s Smart Digital Realities build safe, sustainable cities
2019-11-19 08:00 GMT+01
Hexagon AB, a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions, is showcasing its solutions for safe, sustainable cities at the Smart City Expo World Congress (SCEWC) 2019, which commences today in Barcelona.
“Hexagon doesn’t make or sell `Smart Cities’ – we offer technology solutions that are far more tangible and revolutionary,” said Ola Rollén, Hexagon President and CEO. “The `smart’ we care about is the Smart Digital Reality™, which brings the physical and digital worlds together as one, empowering city leaders with the capabilities and tools to ensure public safety becomes a certainty and sustainable cities a reality.”
At stand C-343, Hexagon will host live, interactive experiences showcasing the powerful combination of reality capture, a holistic approach to safety and security, and the location intelligence to meet any city challenge. Presentations and discussions will centre around three key areas:
- Reality capture for a digital city: How to create complete, accurate, precise, photo-realistic digital replicas of cities – from every street and building to a city’s entire underground infrastructure
- Absolute certainty for a safe city: How to enable connectivity between systems, collaboration between teams, and greater intelligence in operations – from removing the limits of 2D, camera-based surveillance to connecting agencies and departments city-wide
- Infinite insight for an intelligent city: How to leverage infinite layers of data in 5D – from citizen engagement apps and real-time monitoring environments for traffic safety and flood management to urban planning, utility operations, and more
For more specifics, please visit hexagon.com/SCEWC19/agenda.
Thought leaders from Hexagon will also engage city leaders during the Congress portion of the event:
- Linking Situational Intelligence With Situational Awareness
Kalyn Sims, Chief Technology Officer, Hexagon’s Safety & Infrastructure division
Tuesday, 19 November | 1:45 PM | South District Agora
- The Smart Digital Reality for the Smart City
Pascal Strupler, Product Manager, Hexagon’s Geosystems division
Tuesday, 19 November | 11:30 AM | Urban Environment Congress Room
Additionally, Hexagon is a finalist for the World Smart City Awards in the Urban Environment category for its efforts to connect satellite and operational data to trigger predictive maintenance for utilities. Using a solution from Hexagon and its partner Planetek Italia, Italian utility company Hera improved the effectiveness of its pipeline inspections by 40 per cent. Winners will be announced at SCEWC in the main auditorium on 20 November at 19:00 CET.
For further information, please contact:
Maria Luthström, Head of Investor Relations, Hexagon AB, +46 8 601 26 27, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristin Christensen, Chief Marketing Officer, Hexagon AB, +1 404 554 0972, email@example.com
Note – If you liked this post click here to stay informed of all of the 3D laser scanning, UAS, autonomous vehicle and Lidar News. If you have an informative 3D video that you would like us to promote, please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.