“LiDAR: One Size Does Not Fit All” Webinar, Thursday, January 21, 2021
Lumotive, Yole Développement and LiDAR News to Host
“LiDAR: One Size Does Not Fit All” Webinar, January 21, 2021
Seattle, WA – January 7, 2021 – Lumotive, a leading developer of scalable, solid-state LiDAR systems, and market research company Yole Développementtoday announced the “LiDAR: One Size Does Not Fit All” webinar to be hosted and moderated by leading industry publication LiDAR News on January 21, 2021 at 11:00 AM, Eastern time.
Ideal for developers of smartphones and industrial or automotive products that can benefit from 3D sensing, this free webinar will discuss:
- How to address the ‘holy grail’ of performance, cost and size challenges of LiDAR for different applications
- Tradeoffs among LiDAR approaches from mechanical spinners and MEMs to flash to solid-state
- How a standard CMOS approach can help scale LiDAR solutions to meet specific form-factors
- How liquid crystal metasurfaces (LCMs) hold the key to delivering ranges from 10 m to 250 m
- The benefits of ‘software defined LiDAR’ to meet design requirements
Webinar speakers include:
- Bill Colleran, Ph.D., Co-Founder and CEO at Lumotive
- Alexis Debray, Ph.D., Technology and Market Analyst at Yole Développement
- Gene V. Roe, Ph.D., Founder and CEO at LiDAR News
Webinar registration is open now at: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_jW_Dq8NbToeY0E0oPVExKQ.
Founded in 2018, Lumotive is a leader in solid-state, 3D-sensing systems, developing high-performance solutions for consumer electronics, industrial automation, robotics and automotive applications. The Seattle-based company’s LiDAR solutions leverage revolutionary beam-steering technology based on patented Liquid Crystal Metasurfaces™ to deliver an unprecedented combination of high performance (as measured by range, resolution and frame rate) and readiness for mass adoption (measured by cost, reliability and size). Lumotive’s random access beam-steering chips enable the industry’s first software-defined LiDAR with region-of-interest scanning, object tracking and advanced perception capabilities. Lumotive’s investors include Bill Gates. For more information, go to www.lumotive.com or to Twitter @LumotiveLidar.
Note – If you liked this post click here to stay informed of all of the 3D laser scanning, geomatics, UAS, autonomous vehicle, Lidar News and more. If you have an informative 3D video that you would like us to promote, please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you would like to join the Younger Geospatial Professional movement click here.